- Bet £5 get £20
- Live Chat & eMail
Betting Review & Available Markets
Coral have built up a very solid reputation within the British bookmaking industry over the years from owning high street shops to now having a very solid and reliable online presence.
That core business has been build on ensuring they offer a wide range of sports betting markets to their customers across a wide and ever-expanding range of sports, even down to including new modern betting events, such as esports betting, In Play betting and virtual sports.
Coral does have a particular focus in the UK on soccer and horse racing in particular with soccer betting being a particularly popular wager for most customers, it is also the focus of most of the Coral advertisements on TV.
On top sports like football, Coral does offer a very good service including lots of betting markets on individual events and that quality of service extends beyond the major sports down into some of the less popular sports for betting on too.
Coral Football Betting
Finding Coral’s football betting service is very easy, simply click on the link in the Quick Links box at the top left hand side of the page to bring up the full football menu and from here you can use a number of different options and filters to search through the thousands of bets available on a myriad of games to find the market you want to bet on.
When it comes to the number of markets available on games, Coral don’t offer quite as big a selection of markets as some of their rival bookmakers. For example, on some Europa League games in the week of this review other bookmakers were offering 250+ or even 300+ markets on some of these games, with Coral, that number is closer to 160.
However it should be noted that all major markets are covered.
- Acca Plus – bag yourself a 10% winnings boost on your first acca of the day evey day at Coral. Must be 3 or more selections, each leg has to be 1.10 or higher (total odds 2.50 or bigger) and winnings paid as 10% of total winnings in free bets.
- Bet And Get Club – Not strictly a football-only offer this, but if you bet £25 across a range of sports each week with Coral and have Opted In to the promotion, then you will earn yourself £10 worth of free bets every week.
- Enhanced Odds New Player Offers – Coral also offer regular Enhanced Odds offers for new customers which allows them to place bets on big sporting events at increased odds. For example, Chelsea to beat Wolves being increased from 4/11 to 25/1 for new customers (Maximum bet of £1). You just have to be on the look out for these.
T&C’s apply, 18+.
Coral Horse Racing Betting
Coral have an extensive horse racing section which is easy to access from the Quick Links menu on the left hand side of the screen near the top of the page. Horseracing is first on the list which gives you an idea of how important it is as a market to the Coral site.
Clicking on the link brings up a list of races taking place next chronologically, while there is also a Betting Highlights section outlining some big racing events on the horizon. There is also a very handy Latest News section, which details big racing news.
To find details of a race, simply click on the time of the race to bring up the runners and riders and a variety of information about each horse running. Simply click on the odds to add your selection to the bet slip.
Horse Racing Promotions
- Best Odds Guaranteed – Like most UK bookmakers, Coral offer a Best Price Guarantee to punters placing a bet with them on any horse race (or greyhound race) which means whichever is the greater price, the Starting Price or the price the punter took when placing the bet, they will always receive the higher odds for their winning bet.
- Rewards For Racing – sign up to the Rewards 4 Racing club at coral and start earning points which could bag you a day out at the races.
- Enhanced Each Way – Get enhanced odds on each way bets on certain races every day at Coral.
T&C’s apply, 18+.
Coral offers a generally small Live Streaming service when compared to some of the other bookmaking sites offerings. There were around 5,000 live events a year shown across the sports of football, tennis, rugby, basketball and snooker.
That has now been increased to include other sports including Handball, Badminton, Ice Hockey and Volleyball and Coral reckon they show around 2,000 events a week, which is a significant improvement in number.
Customers can watch the live streams provided by Coral free of charge if they have a funded account or if they have made a bet in the previous 24-hours to viewing the stream.
Live Streaming events have a Play icon displayed next to them and clicking on the icon will open the stream allowing you to view, provided you meet the criteria outlined above.
In addition to this service, Coral also offer live streaming of horse races and greyhound races in the UK and Ireland if the punter has made a qualifying bet of £1 or more on that race.
All of Coral live streaming services are available to users via desktop or on iOS and Android mobile devices.
T&C's apply, new customers only, 18+
Coral Mobile App
Coral follow the suit of many other companies in that they offer a number of different apps for all of the different arms of their group of sites. Their main app is called Coral Mobile and this deals extensively with Sports Betting, although you can find links to other Coral sites and apps from within the app which makes navigating across them easier.
You can download the Coral Mobile app from the App Store or the Coral site if you own an iOS (Apple) device.
There is a specific app for iPad and a different one for iPhone so ensure you download the correct one for your device. There is also the option to request a link for Android devices to download the app.
What’s good about the Coral app?
The Coral app has extensive coverage of all Coral’s most important sports betting services and the access to the many promotions run by the site is also very good.
Placing a bet is generally very easy and that is true whether placing a bet pre-event, or whether betting In Play on an event in progress. The design has been significantly improved over the years and is much more user-friendly and there are good links to other Coral sites.
Account options are detailed and easy to use and you can also watch a Live Stream of UK and Ireland horseracing if you place a £1 bet or more on the race in question. This service is now available on iPad too.
What’s not so great about the Coral app?
Although the quality of the app has significantly improved over the years, the Coral app just isn’t as reliable as some of the others I have tried and there are times when it suffers glitches and resets out of the app while you are browsing.
A good tip to lessen this is to ensure you have any background programmes on your device turned off to save on memory.
T&C's apply, new customers only, 18+
Unlike some sites, Coral’s customer support options are relatively easy to find.
Simply locate the green bar underneath the main heading on the Sports betting front page and then look to the right hand side of the green bar to locate the Contact Us section.
This brings up a pop up Help Centre menu where you get to input what you would like help with from a drop down list. Once you select the area, then you are given a secondary menu linked to your first selection to narrow down what you would like help with still further.
Once you have done this the section will update with the suggestions based on your preferences.
If this doesn’t resolve your issue then you can click on the “No” selection to the “Did these answers help you?” question and you can then contact Coral in a number of different ways to get your issue dealt with in person:
Live Chat – Click on the link and you will open a window where you can chat with a member of the Coral Support team to resolve any issues you may have.
Telephone – You can elect to make a call to Coral from the UK on 0800 44 00 11, or if you are outside the UK it is +44 208 507 5544. If you are a customer in Ireland then the number is 1800 995 877.
Email – You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for help in resolving the issue although it may take Coral slightly longer to respond to email requests.
Coral Restricted Countries
Rather than list all the countries where Coral is not available, Coral provide a reference for countries from which they can accept customers from. This list is shown in full below:
- United Kingdom
- Republic of Ireland
- Isle of Man
- New Zealand
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- San Marino
If the country you reside in is not listed above then you are not eligible to open an account with the Coral service.
Coral Bonus Review
If you are a new customer to Coral Sport then you can take advantage of their good value £20 Free Bet offer for new punters and the great thing is about this offer is that you only need to make a bet of just £5 in order to receive the full bonus.
All that you need to do is register and deposit £5 or more into your account and then place your first bet of £5 on any Coral sports betting market of odds of 1/2 or greater. Each Way bets can be placed at £5 each way (£10 total stake) to qualify for the offer.
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to claiming this offer with Coral:
- Visit the Coral.co.uk website and click on the ‘Join’ button in the top right hand corner of the home page.
- Complete the form that pops up on screen ensuring all information marked as necessary is completed. Don’t forget to tick the verification box at the foot of the page confirming that the applicant is over 18 years of age and has accepted the Terms and Conditions of membership on the site.
- Click the green NEXT button and your application to become a member will be submitted.
- Registration should take just a few seconds and when confirmed, you can now go to the Log In screen and log in to your account using your new username and password.
- Head to the My Account section and click on deposit. Select your preferred method of making a deposit and add at least £5 worth of funds to your account.
- Once your deposit is confirmed, you can then peruse the Coral Sport site to find a bet that you would like to place your £5 bet on. When you find a bet click on the odds to add it to your bet slip. Remember it needs to be a selection of odds 1/2 or greater.
- Locate your bet slip and enter the stake as £5 on the bet and click Place Bet. Your bet will now be placed.
- Within 24 hours of your bet being placed, you will receive your £20 free bet from Coral which you can use on any sporting market of your choice.
T&C's apply, new customers only, 18+
Positive Points – Coral is a true gambling platform in that its betting site is incorporated well amongst the poker, casino and other sites run by the company. It offers excellent sports betting, particularly for major sports and has a nice mix of long term and short term offers.
The odds on offer generally are around the middle to higher odds for most events, although with special offers, you can get the occasional fantastic bet as a new punter, or even as a regular punter.
What Needs to be Improved? – Massive strides have been made to improve the Coral Live Streaming and Mobile service and they have worked very well, but the mobile app still is a little glitchy from time to time.
Coral Rating: 4/5