|Bonus:||£30 Free Bets + 30 Free Spins|
|Support:||Live chat / email|
Betting Review & Available Markets
Betfred started as Done Bookmakers in Manchester many years ago and it has successfully moved from one shop in Ordsall, to a billion pound business with a significant online presence.
That has come about thanks to a solid betting service that is predominantly based on offering excellent football and horse racing betting to customers, although Tennis is another popular sport for betting fans with the company.
One thing to note is that Betfred doesn’t offer quite so many sports to bet on as other sites, and the number of markets for each match or event isn’t quite as great as you will find on some competitor sites.
However, the company does offer a wide range of bets, including all the most popular markets, across its full range of sports.
Betfred Football Betting
There’s a wide range of football betting opportunities at Betfred which are all accessible from the Sports Betting menu under the Football option.
Click through a series of drop down lists to bring up the menu or coupon you need and then scroll through the coupon to find the match or matches you want to bet on and click on the box to add that selection to your bet slip.
More bets are available by clicking on the More Bets tab on the right hand side of the screen next to each match, although the number of bets available for each game is not quite as extensive as you would find on some other sites.
That said, the number of games you can bet on is huge and there are hundreds of markets to select from for the bigger matches involving top teams.
- Football Double Delight/Hat Trick Heaven – Place a bet on the First Goalscorer market and if your player scores two goals, Betfred will double the odds on the player and if they score three, they will treble the odds.
- Who Dares Wins – Place an accumulator with Betfred and if you are one of the top 10 punters who land the longest odds accumulator during a qualifying month, you will win a prize of a free bet ranging from £25 up to £1,000.
- Football Acca Insurance – Place a fivefold accumulator on the Match Result market using selections of odds of 1/5 or greater and if one leg lets you down, Betfred will refund your bet up to a maximum bet of £25.
- Price Boosts – Betfred offers regular Price Boosts on selected bets on selected matches almost every day throughout the season.
Betfred Horse Racing Betting
Accessing the main horseracing menu is easy on Betfred as it is listed at the top of the A-Z list of sports (along with football and tennis).
Clicking on this link brings up the main menu as a drop down list from which you can select which meeting or bet you want to make, although you can also access the Quick Links menu and click on individual race meetings and other racing bets if you prefer.
Once you have selected your meeting, you then select the race from the drop down list that appears and it is at this point that the screen updates to show you the runners and odds.
Simply tick the box next to your selection to add that runner to your bet slip. You can place lots of different bets using the drop down menu, including Long Term bets as well as International and Virtual Racing.
Horse Racing Promotions
- Free Bet if 2nd – Back a horse in a selected race and if your selection finishes second, Betfred will give you a free bet up to the same value as your bet (maximum of £25).
- Best Odds Guaranteed – Whichever is the higher price out of the Starting Price or the Price you took when placing the bet, Betfred will pay you out at the highest price every time.
- Super Bonus Races – Pick an all correct Lucky 15/31/63, Canadian, Yankee or Heinz using the six listed Super Bonus races and Betfred will pay you a bonus on your winnings.
- All Correct Bonuses – Pick an all correct Lucky 15/31/63, Yankee, Canadian or Heinz and Betfred will pay you a bonus on top of your winnings.
- One Winner Bonus – Place a Lucky 15/31/63 bet and if your bet has just one winner, Betfred will pay you a bonus on your total winnings.
- Big Race Meet Promotions – For big race meetings such as Cheltenham, Royal Ascot, The Guineas meet at Newmarket and similar, Betfred often run specialist promotions for each of these big racing events, such as Cheltenham’s Non Runner No Bet offer on four big races at Cheltenham 2018.
Betfred now carries a number of live streaming services to its customers both on the website and also via its mobile service. In order to watch any of the sports carried by Betfred you need to have a credit balance account, or to have placed a bet with the company within the preceding 24-hours.
Betfred carries a total of 13 different sports entirely for free via live stream including soccer, tennis, darts, snooker and basketball.
In addition, if you place a bet on any UK or Irish race with Betfred, you can watch a live stream of that race on desktop or mobile from just a few minutes before the race begins. The same service is also available for Greyhound racing for all BAGS and RPGTV tracks in the UK.
To view an event simply click on the Watch Live icon and a list of the events taking place at the present time will be shown. Click on an event to watch the live stream of it on your PC or your mobile device.
Betfred Mobile App
Like many other companies, Betfred have really improved their mobile service over the past two years or so and the company now offers a wide range of different apps to cover all of its different sites. The sports app is available as a downloadable app for both Apple (iOS) and Android devices. You can download this from the App Store (for iPad and iPhone) or the Betfred site for Android devices.
Betfred also offers a standalone app for the Apple Watch, while there is another app simply for the Goals Galore promotion on the site and customers can also download Betfred Messenger and place bets via text message and request odds on bets using this chat service.
What’s good about the Betfred app?
Betfred’s mobile service is vastly improved from the bug-ridden, poorly designed app of a few years ago. The new apps are much easier to use, more user-friendly and finding and placing bets on them is extremely easy.
The fact that Betfred also offers standalone apps for a variety of devices, even the Apple Watch, means that each app is more customised to the device it is used on and that makes for a smoother, easier mobile betting experience.
With regular updates, the new app remains easy to use and links in well with the different promotions available on the site. There is also an excellent In Play betting service as well as live streaming via mobile.
What’s not so great about the Betfred app?
There’s very little wrong with the new Betfred sports app. The menu system works well and you can easily find most sports bets very quickly and easily using it.
If there is one small complaint it is that the app can appear very cluttered on load up, especially with the In Play betting and the promotional material scrolling across the screen.
If you require assistance as a Betfred customer then the first port of call is the Help section, which is accessed from the Help tab in the top right hand corner of the screen.
This opens up a list of categories of enquiry where you can search through to see if your query can be answered from any of the documents contained here.
By clicking on options to narrow your search you can potentially locate the answer to your query using the help section. A betting glossary is also provided to help you understand any terminology that you may be unfamiliar with.
If you cannot resolve your issue with Betfred using the Help section then there are a number of ways you can contact the site for help from customer support:
Telephone – You can call Betfred from within the UK on 0800 028 7747 or if you are elsewhere in the world, the number is +44 (0) 01925 907500.
Online Help – There are four different email addresses you can use to send Betfred an enquiry. For Support contact email@example.com, for Web or Mobile enquiries it is firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance with your account it is email@example.com and for anything pertaining to your free bets it is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post – You can also write to Betfred at the following address: Betfred, c/o The Spectrum, 56-58 Benson Road, Birchwood, WA3 7QB, UK.
Betfred Restricted Countries
Betfred does not allow inhabitants of the following countries open a Betfred account:
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
Betfred Bonus Review
Betfred offer new customers a very enticing offer to sign up with the company. This is the Betfred Welcome Offer and it sees customers that sign up with the company and place a £10 bet as their first sports bet.
Your qualifying bet must be on a sports betting market at odds of even money or greater and upon completion of your bet, you will receive £30 worth of free bets and 30 in free spins credited to your account within 48 hours of that initial bet being settled.
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to claiming this outstanding and accessible offer at Betfred:
- Head to the Betfred website and click on the green Sign Up Now button in the top right corner of the screen.
- When all the items have been completed and the boxes ticked, click the green Register button.
- Once you have registered and your membership is confirmed, log in to your new Betfred account and head to the Deposit section by clicking on the green button of the same name.
- Deposit at least £10 into your account using any of the payment methods outlined.
- Once your cash is in your account, you can now head to the main Sports Betting site and peruse the different sports bets available to you. Remember, the only rules to remember is that your first bet must be £10 and that it must be on a market of even money or better.
- Once you have found your bet, click on it to add it to your bet slip and then enter the stake of £10 and then click Place Bet.
- Now sit back and wait until the outcome of your bet is known and win or lose, once your bet has been decided, you will receive your £30 worth of free bets and 30 in free spins in your account within 48 hours of your bet being finalised.
Positive Points – Betfred are one of the fastest emerging names in the UK online betting industry and their products have radically improved over the past three years or so.
The company is particularly strong on its football betting with a number of top quality promotions available over both the short and longer term. In general, the odds on offer tend to be in the middle of the pack compared to other bookmakers, but these odds can be enhanced through judicious use of offers and promotions.
Betfred’s Live Streaming and In Play services are also very well designed and easy to use on both desktop and mobile.
What Needs to be Improved? – It seems unfair to suggest that yet more improvements are required with Betfred’s service as they have really improved, especially on mobile products, over the past three years.
However, more competitive odds and perhaps a few more promotions for non-soccer or horse racing markets would attract a few more punters in. In addition, the amount of sports you can bet on at Betfred isn’t quite as extensive as other sites.
Betfred Sport Rating: 4.5/5