Betvictor’s Golden Goal competition has proved really popular with the firm’s customers and for good reason… there’s a £25,000 first prize!
Advertised somewhat comically on TV by Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, Golden Goal is a free to enter prediction style competition which rewards punters who correctly guess not only the first goalscorer and the final score of a game but also the minute in which the first goal will be scored.
Like the sound of that? Here’s how it works and how to win…
Predict first goalscorer, minute of first goal & correct score.
Competition runs on one match per week.
Each punter gets one completely free prediction per week.
Up to a max of two further predictions can be earned by meeting certain wagering requirements.
Correct picks win a share of the week’s £25k prize, which rolls over if not won.
Exclusive to Betvictor – bet £10 get £60 bonus as a new customer!
Bonus T&C’s apply, 18+, news customer only.
How to Enter Golden Goal
Betvictor’s Golden Goal is a really fun football prediction competition which is also very easy to enter. The following steps explain how any punter can take part:
- Log in or create a new Betvictor account – bet £10 get £60 as a new customer if you join today! T&C’s apply, 18+, news customer only.
- Open Betvictor & select ‘Golden Goal’ from the options at the top of the page.
- Pick a player, minute and final score from the three prominently displayed drop down menus.
- Press the green ‘Predict’ button to enter your prediction into the week’s Golden Goal competition.
- Bet at least £25 in the week leading up to the Golden Goal match and you will earn a second prediction, which you can make in the same way.
- Bet a further £25 in the same week and you will earn a third and final prediction for the week’s Golden Goal competition.
How Does Golden Goal Work?
Betvictor’s Golden Goal competition runs for the duration of the football season and gives Betvictor customers the chance to make a prediction for one game each week. Which particular game is the subject of the competition changes from week to week and is displayed at the head of the dedicated Golden Goal section of the Betvictor website.
Whilst the game changes from week to week, what punters have to predict doesn’t. For every game they need to select a chosen first goalscorer, the minute of the first goal and the final score of the game.
Any punter whose three part prediction is wholly correct will then earn a share of the week’s prize pot (min £25,000), which is also displayed at the top of the main Golden Goal page. If they are the only player to make an entirely correct prediction, of course, they will get the whole prize to themselves.
Each punter with a Betvictor account is afforded one free Golden Goal prediction per week but it is also possible to earn up to an additional two further predictions. Punters who bet at least £25 during the week trigger their second prediction and those who bet at least £50 earn a third prediction, too.
Have a go now by visiting Betvictor.com and selecting Golden Goal from the top menu.
Important Terms & Conditions
As you would expect from any competition offering a significant cash prize, Golden Goal is subject to a number of terms and conditions. The most important of them are as follows:
- Golden Goal operates on a weekly basis throughout the football season.
- All predictions must be received before kick-off of the week’s Golden Goal fixture.
- Participants must predict the first goalscorer, final match score and the minute of the first goal.
- Minutes are calculated as follows: minute one is from kick-off until 0.59, minute two is from 1.00 until 1.59 and so on.
- A nil-nil scoreline means that there can be no Golden Goal winner.
- Betvictor customers are awarded one free prediction per week.
- A second prediction will be awarded to all customers achieving wagering requirements of £25 in a given week.
- A third prediction will be awarded to all customers achieving wagering requirements of £50 in a given week.
- Once a prediction is made, it cannot be amended or cancelled by the player.
- Announcement of winning entries will be made approximately one hour after the final whistle of the Golden Goal fixture.
- From the announcement winners have five working days to claim their prize.
- Prizes can be claimed by replying to Betvictor’s winner announcement email or verbally agreeing to accept the Prize on a recorded telephone line.
For full T&C’s please visit the Betvictor website.
How Much is the Weekly Golden Goal Prize Worth?
Each week’s Golden Goal competition boasts a prize pot of £25,000. That prize is shared by any and every eligible participant who makes a wholly correct prediction and claims their prize within the timeframe explained above. If a week sees no winning entries, the prize pot will rollover to the following week’s competition.
Who’s Eligible to Participate?
Betvictor customers based in the UK, Ireland, Gibraltar, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and Luxembourg are eligible to take part in Golden Goal and win its weekly prize. Customers based elsewhere are not able to take part and any predictions from such customers will be voided by Betvictor.
How do I Earn Further Predictions?
Every customer eligible to take part in Betvictor’s Golden Goal competition is also able to earn themselves up to two further predictions per week. If a customer bets a total of £25 in the week leading up to a Golden Goal fixture, they earn their second prediction. If they bet a total of £50 in that same timeframe, they earn their third prediction. All types of bet through Betvictor count towards earning those further predictions.
- List of the best betting sites – see where Betvictor ranks on our list of the best betting sites