As someone who’s used all the betting apps listed on this page I can honestly tell you that there isn’t really a stand out best. They’re all functional and they all allow you to access the same markets you’d be able to using your PC or Laptop.
That being said some of the apps are better than others which is why I’ve ranked them 1-8 with 1 obviously being better than 8. As apps I’d happily recommend all of the top 6.
What really matters more is the deal the bookmaker is willing to offer you for using their service over any other. Naturally being the helpful fellow I am I’ve included that for you below as well.
*All the apps I’ve featured below will work on iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry and Windows unless otherwise stated.
Top 7 Betting Apps
1) Paddy Power – As I said there’s nothing between these tops apps in terms of functionality so what’s on offer matters more than anything. Paddy Power are currently running a deposit and bet £10 get £20 in free bets offer. First bet must be at odds of 1.50 or better to trigger free bets which come in a 2x £10 format. No wagering requirements for withdrawals are in place. Plus you’ll have access to all their money back specials via the app and there’s a boat load of these every week. You can view all currently available via their app, just scroll down.
2) BetVictor – Again as good a betting app as you’ll find and no better or worse than numbers 1 or 2. New customers get a £25 free bet when they deposit and bet £25 at odds of evens or higher. To withdraw winnings from your free bet you must wager 4x your free bet amount so that’s £100 worth of bets if you claim the full offer. Betvictor are also independently verified (by odds portal OddsChecker) as being the bookie with the best odds on football most often.
3) Ladbrokes – Another betting app which ticks all the boxes. Anyone signing up today gets a £50 free bet. To trigger the free bet you must place £50 at odds of 1.50 or higher. No wagering requirements are stated so I assume you can withdraw any free bet winnings instantly if you want to. Access to their 30% accumulator bonus is available via the app and you’ll get weekly price boosts, usually on televised football or big race meetings.
4) Betfred – a betting app which stands up to the others listed so far on this page. Anyone new can bag a £25 free bet which is released by a £25 bet at odds of 2.0 or higher. I can’t find any wagering requirements listed in the T&C’s so you can withdraw any free bet winnings staight away. On the app you can also access their famous Goals Galore coupon, the double delight/hat-trick heaven offer and the 1 a piece money back special – promotions well worth knowing about for football punters.
5) William Hill – I’ve got no problems with this app either. New punters can clm a £25 free bet when they first sign up. You must bet £25 at oddsof 1.2 or better to trigger the bonus and no wagering requirements are listed on their website so you can withdraw any winnings from the free bet straight away. Little else worth knowing about aside from some slight price boosts which are mainly for football punters. Not a great long term choice for added value and a standard opening bonus.
6) Coral – at position 7 in my list the apps start to depreciate in quality a little. The Coral app is still usable but lacks a modern design and I definitely find it a little less user friendly. New customers can still get a £50 free bet which is triggers by a £50 bet at 1.20 odds or bigger. No wagering requirements are in place for withdrawal of bonus winnings. Again, like number 6, not a lot else on offer long term after the welcome offer making Coral a poor long term choice for punters.
7) 888Sport – by a distance the least good app on this list. Still works but navigation is messy. I don’t actually keep it on my phone. Good opening bonus deal though in the form of an £88 free Bundle. You trigger £10 free bets with your 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, 13th, 16th, 19th, and 22nd (actually an £18 free bet) £10 bet at odds of 2.0 or higher. No wagering requirements are in place to withdraw free bet winnings. £5 no lose mobile bet for new customers also included. Place a £5 bet on mobile and if it loses get your stake refunded. Refunded cash must be wagered one in full at 1.20 before it can be withdrawn. After the opening offer which does last a long time there’s very little else worth knowing about.