|Free Bet:||£10 Free No Deposit|
|Support:||Live chat / email|
Betting Review & Available Markets
Sky Bet offers one of the best range of betting markets available on a UK sports book. The company has close ties to the Sky Sports TV Channels and as a result, carries a lot of bets tied in with the coverage that this channel provides across a massive range of sports. There is an A-Z list of sports on which betting is available on the left hand side of the screen, but Sky Bet is predominantly focused on football and horseracing as its most important markets.
Other sports that have close ties with Sky Sports and which therefore have excellent betting opportunities available with Sky Bet include American Football, Basketball, Boxing, Darts, Golf, Cricket, Tennis, Motor Sport (particularly F1), Tennis and Rugby (League and Union). Sky Bet also offers betting on less popular markets including Triathlon, TV and Film, Politics, Esports and even Yachting.
Sky Bet Football Betting
Football betting is arguably the most important market for Sky Bet customer, even more so than horseracing, chiefly due to Sky Sports being the home of Premier League live coverage ever since the competition began.
Alongside horseracing, football betting dominates the home page of Sky Bet and it is easy to find betting on the major games taking place on any day of the week, or you can click on the dedicated football section in the Quick Links and A-Z menus.
Once you load up a menu, you are presented with a list of fixtures including any games taking place In Play at the present moment in time. The main menu is usually listed underneath here with all the fixtures displayed and additional bets available in the All Bets section.
Sky Bet offers a wide choice of football bets on most games with usually around 100-250 available on the top matches of a weekend, with more markets being made available to bet on the closer you get to kick off time.
- Price Boost – Sky Bet offer Price Boosts on a wide range of football betting markets each day, usually including a few markets in many of the biggest games of the day. There tend to be more Price Boost offers available on the busiest days for football obviously.
- Super 6 – Your Sky Bet log in allows you free entry into the Sky Sports Super 6 promotion, where you guess the result of six games taking place in a game week. The competition is free to enter and if you guess all six right you could win £250,000 or on selected weeks, even a £1,000,000 jackpot prize.
- Fantasy Six-A-Side – For selected live Premier League matches shown on Sky Spots, you can use your log in details to freely enter the Fantasy Six-A-Side competition. Pick a team of one top value player and five others from the two teams playing and the team that scores the most points for that game will win a cash prize.
- Best Odds Guaranteed – Sky Bet offer a Best Odds Guarantee on any UK and Irish horse race. Take a price on a runner in a race and whatever is the greater price between the price you took and the Starting Price, Sky Bet will pay you out at the higher price.
- Specific Meeting Promotions – Sky Bet run a number of promotions when a top horse racing meeting is taking place in the UK, such as the Cheltenham Festival, the Grand National Meeting, Glorious Goodwood or the Guineas Festival. At this time, Sky Bet will offer a range of different betting offers on individual races and horses.
- Price Boost – Every day Sky Bet offers a Price Boost on selected horses running in selected races each day. This boosts the price usually to the industry best price for that selection.
- Enhanced Accas – Sky Bet also regularly offer Enhanced accumulator bets for a selection of horses running in races on that day.
- Sporting Life Pick 7 – As a Sky Bet customer, you can use your log in details to play in the Sporting Life Pick 7 game. A horse racing prediction game where you can win a prize of up to £250,000 and it is completely free to enter.
Sky Bet Horse Racing Betting
Horseracing is one of Sky Bet’s most important markets and it is clear to see that the sport has a key place on the site given the amount of information pertaining to the current days racing that is on the home page. You can link to many races from this, or you can also click on the Horse Racing tab in the Quick Links and A-Z Sections of the site.
Once here you can peruse a long list of races from all over the globe to bet on. Having teamed up with sister site Sporting Life, Sky Bet offers excellent stats on most of the races and runners in the UK and Ireland and betting is simply a case of clicking on the odds of a selection to add it your bet slip. If you place a bet of £1 on a horse race in the UK and Ireland you can watch a live stream of that race using Sky Bet from just before race starts until just after it has finished.
Horse Racing Promotions
Sky Bet disappointingly does not offer a live streaming service to its customers, apart from the live streaming of horse racing to customers that have placed a bet of £1 or more on any race taking place in the UK and Ireland.
Sky Bet Mobile App
Sky Bet has a dedicated app for mobile customers that is available for iPad and iPhone devices from the App Store. Android and other device users, such as Windows Phone or BlackBerry, do not have a standalone app available but can access the site from a browser on their device by visiting the www.Sky Bet.com on their mobile.
In addition to the main Sky Bet App, Sky Bet also offer a Sky Bet Tracker app for iPod and iPhone customers, which is a utility which allows you to track all your bets made with Sky Bet and you can cash out your bets from here quickly and easily. This app also updates with all the latest live football stats, making it particularly useful for the myriad of Sky Bet customers who bet on football from their mobile.
What is good about the Sky Bet App?
What is particularly pleasing about the Sky Bet App is that it has clearly been optimised to be used on each device differently. What this means is that it is simple to use on an iPad, but when you switch to your iPhone, the changes in presentation and style are small, but make a difference making it equally easy to use. There’s the full range of bets available on the app as you get from the website and you can also access all the key promotions on the site, including Sky Bet Club. The additional apps such as Sky Bet Tracker are also well worth downloading as they enhance a mobile customers enjoyment of the site greatly. Sky Bet offers Live Streaming to mobile of horse races that you have bet a minimum of £1 on in the UK and Ireland.
What is not so great about the Sky Bet App?
The first and most obvious downside about using the Sky Bet App is that it is only available for iOS devices. Android and other users must use the mobile site, which has to be said, works well enough, but it is not nearly as well optimised for specific devices as the iOS app is. In addition, Android and other O/S users cannot access other mobile features, such as Sky Bet Tracker, which does make them feel very much like second class citizens when it comes to Sky Bet. A lack of free live streaming is also a major issue with all of Sky’s services including mobile.
Finding Help is a relatively straightforward process on Sky Bet.
Should you run into a problem with any aspect of your account then head over to the Help section which is on the main bar at the top of the page next to the Join Now and Log In tabs. Click on this to bring up the Help Console which will load up on a new browser page.
In this section, you can navigate through categories to find the answer to your problem, or type in the “I Need Help With” box what the issue is and use the search facility to find any relevant documents relating to your issue.
However, if there is no way you can resolve the issue using the Help facility, then there is a section at the foot of the page which lists how you can contact Sky Bet.
Selecting the reason why you need to contact Sky Bet will bring up the best methods of communicating with them. The main contact details however are outlined below:
Phone – You can call Sky Bet every day of the week from 8am through until Midnight on 0330 024 477
Live Chat – Sky Bet also offers a Live Chat Facility to its customers which allows you to enter your first name, last name, email and User ID before typing in details of your query. Once you have done this and pressed Send, A Sky Bet Chat operative will get in touch with you to hopefully resolve the issue. Live Chat is available at the same time as the Phone service (8am to Midnight, 7 days a week).
Email – You can email Sky Bet at help@Sky Bet.com or you can follow the guidelines for contacting customer support using the form on the How To Contact Us page of the Sky Bet site. If you use this form then you can attach any relevant documents you may need to help with your query.
Post – If you would like to, you can contact Sky Bet at 2 Wellington Place, Leeds, LS1 4AP.
Sky Bet Bonus Review
Sky Bet are offering a free £10 bet offer for new customers, with no deposit needed to claim the bonus. The no deposit aspect of the bonus definitely means it’s one of best offers for new players available online. However… you can only place it as a single or each way bet and the stake itself is not returned and is non withdrawable.
The Sky Bet Club is also available to all customers which offers an unlimited number of weekly free £5 bets, provided you bet £25 each week.
Here’s how to sign up and get the bonuses:
- Click here to claim your £10 free no deposit bonus now!
- Click on the Join Now button and the Registration page will load. Simply work your way through the form completing each of the sections to sign up.
- You’ll receive an email confirming you have joined.
- Head back to the Sky Bet site and log in with your username and passcode.
- You’re £10 no deposit free bet will be waiting for you.
Weekly £5 free bet walkthrough:
- Go to the My Account tab and click on the Deposit option. Deposit at least £25 into your Sky Bet account.
- Head on over to the Sky Bet Club promotion page and Opt In to the offer by clicking on the button.
- You then have until Midnight on the next Sunday to place £25 worth of bets on qualifying markets at Sky Bet. You can place this as single bets, or as many multiple bets across different markets and sports. The choice is yours. All you need to do is bet a cumulative amount of £25 before Midnight Sunday.
- Once you have done this, you have fulfilled the terms of Sky Bet Club and next week, you will receive a free bet of £5 from Sky as a reward.
- Simply bet another £25 the following week, and in every week thereafter to remain a member of Sky Bet club and to keep receiving your free £5 bets.
Positive Points – Sky Bet offers an excellent service in terms of sports betting for its customers with its betting services for key sports shown on Sky Sports particularly impressive.
Football betting is second to none and their mobile services, particularly for iOS devices is excellent. In terms of prices Sky are usually middle of the table, but their Price Boosts and Enhanced Accas do offer great value and the additional features such as Super 6, Fantasy Six-A-Side and Sporting Life Pick 7 do give you plenty of free opportunities to win big money.
The Sky Bet Club, which offers weekly £5 free bets to punters, means there’s always a reason to stay with the company.
What Needs to be Improved? – Sky Bet’s introductory offer for customers is small at £10 and although you don’t need to make a deposit the majoirty of other betting offers are bigger.
Their Sky Bet Club is a good deal for regular punters who spend £25 or more a week, but for smaller stakes punters, there’s nothing really to keep them on the site. The number of promotions available, especially long term ones, also needs to be improved.
Live streaming is only available on horse racing and greyhounds which given the companies access to programming should be better and much more diverse.
Sky Bet Rating: 4/5