|Free Bet:||Bet £10 Get £30|
|Support:||Live chat / email|
Betting Review & Available Markets
Paddy Power offers an extensive range of different sports available for their punters to bet on and the sheer volume of sports available compares very well with other sites. Indeed, there are some sports, such as Swimming, Sailing, Rowing, Pool and Show Jumping, that are not so easy to find on other sites but which are regularly available at Paddy Power alongside all the more common sports people want to bet on.
In terms of the markets available on an individual sporting event, Paddy Power offers a wide range of bets, but the number and range of bets does depend very much on the sporting event in question. You can find more bets with Paddy Power on an event than other bookmakers, but on some other sports events, you may find less bets available.
Paddy Power Football Betting
Navigating to the football betting on the Paddy Power site is very simple.
On the website it is listed under the Quick Links option on the left hand side of the screen and you can often find many links here related to football betting, including links to betting on specific divisions, matches or particular types of sports bet (such as Paddy Power’s Acca Insurance Coupon). There is also the main Football Betting menu link here too.
Once you click on the main menu you can use the different tabs at the top of the screen to scroll through the different options (Football, Matches, Coupons, Outrights, Specials, Teams and Virtual).
This is arguably the quickest way to navigate to the type of bet you want to place, unless your match is Live In Play at the moment (where it should be listed below in the In Play section), or it is one of the featured games taking place over the next few days, when again it should be listed below.
In addition to a wide range of Money Back Specials that Paddy Power offers every day across a wide range of football games, the site also offers a number of longer-term football offers for its customers:
- 2 Up – You Win – Place a Pre Match bet on the Win-Draw-Win market with Paddy Power on any game in La Liga or the Premier League and if the team you back goes 2-0 up in the game, Paddy Power will pay you out immediately, regardless of the team does not go on to win the match.
- Acca Insurance – Place a five-fold accumulator using selections from the Win-Draw-Win market of any of the top European Leagues with Paddy Power (minimum odds of 1/5 per leg) and if one leg of your accumulator bet lets you down, then Paddy Power will refund your bet as a free bet.
- Hotshot Jackpot – This is a completely free offer from Paddy Power eligible for all customers to play. Simply head to the Hotshot Jackpot coupon and from the eight matches selected, you need to pick 8 players that will score a goal at any time in the game. Successfully pick eight scorers from each match and you could be taking home the £250,000 top prize.
Paddy Power Horse Racing Betting
Accessing the Horse Racing section on Paddy Power is very easy, simply click on the Horse Racing tab in the Quick Links section to bring up the main Horse Racing menu.
From here you can use a number of different bars, links and menus to navigate to the race you want to bet on including a list of the current race meetings taking place in the UK, Ireland and often in countries beyond these borders too.
Clicking on a race will bring up detailed information about the course and the race, as well as a number of different bets available on each of the runners, plus the current price for the horse in that race at that time.
Horse Racing Promotions
Paddy Power offers just one longer term horse racing betting promotion and this is outlined below:
- Free Bet if your horse finishes 2nd to the SP Favourite in all races – Each day Paddy Power pick one meeting where they will offer punters whose selection finishes 2nd to the Starting Price favourite their stake money back as a free bet, up to a maximum of £25 per bet. This offer does not apply on races with fewer than five runners.
Paddy Power offer a comparatively small but useful Live Streaming service on their website which features coverage of a number of sports though most prevalently football, tennis and rugby. The service is free to use to customers, although they need to be logged in to their account to access the service.
Paddy Power also offers live streams of horse races from the UK and Ireland provided you have placed a bet of £1 or more on that race. These streams are separate from the main Live Streaming service and are only active a few minutes before the race begins.
It is incredibly easy to locate the Paddy Power Live Streams, just log in to your account and click on the Watch Live tab for the full list of sports events available to view now, and a scheduled list of forthcoming events over the next day or so.
Paddy Power Mobile App
You can download individual apps for Paddy Power Sports for the iPhone and iPad (there is one app each for these two devices, each optimised to work best on each device) and you can download these direct from the Paddy Power site or from the App Store. In addition, there is also a dedicated mobile app for Android devices which is downloadable from the Paddy Power site.
Sports betting enthusiasts can also download some other apps from Paddy Power which they may find useful including Paddy Power Onside (a handy bet tracker and offer services), Paddy Power Messenger (which allows you to bet via Instant Messenger or Text) and the Last Man Standing app, which is one of Paddy Power’s most popular football promotions.
What’s good about the Paddy Power Sports app?
The Paddy Power mobile app is great because it is optimised for use on both iPad and iPhone, which makes the best of the app on both machines and makes betting on the smaller screen iPhone easier. The Android app equally is very strong and all apps are easy to use using scroll bars to find the sport you want to bet on and then from here a series of menus allow you to navigate through the app easily to find and place your bet. There’s a very good In Play section available on mobile and at the foot of the page, the Cash Out option is readily available allowing you easy access to any bets that you would like to finish early and take the money on offer.
What’s not so great about the Paddy Power Sports app?
Paddy Power’s Live Streaming service is not available on the Sports betting app. This does diminish the appeal of In Play betting on some sporting events. Other than that, the only other improvement that could be made would be to offer easier access to the promotions available on the site.
Paddy Power customers can easily navigate to the full range of customer support services offered by the bookie by clicking on the Help Centre tab on the main menu bar running across the top of the page.
Once you have clicked on the Help Centre tab, this brings up a pop-up menu which has a Search bar at the top of the page and then some FAQ sections listed underneath. These are the most commonly asked questions to Paddy Power’s customer services department and often you can find the answer to a query located her.
If not and the search bar is no use, you can contact Paddy Power in a number of different ways by scrolling down to reveal the type of query you have and by navigating through the section it will bring up the best method to contact Paddy Power to resolve your query.
The methods available are:
Live Chat – Paddy Power has a Live Chat facility which it reckons is the ‘best option’ for resolving most issues you need to contact customer services for.
Email – To contact Paddy Power via email, you need to fill in your first name, last name, email address, the subject of the email and the question. You can also attach documents to help with your query if required. The average response time to answer emails is shown at the top of the page so you know how long roughly it will take Paddy Power to respond.
Phone – You can contact Paddy Power customer services team via phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 08000 565 275 from the UK or 1800 238 888 from Ireland.
Twitter – You can Tweet your query to Paddy Power using the PPAsk service on Twitter. Simply send your query as a Tweet to @AskPaddyPower and they will get back to you with a return Tweet offering advice on your issue. Be advised though, their answer can only be sent as a Tweet so details enquiries are not likely to be resolved here.
Paddy Power Restricted Countries
Paddy Power Sports may not be available in certain countries, this includes:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Netherlands Antilles
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
Paddy Power Bonus Review
As a genuine new customer with Paddy Power (ie, not someone who has previously signed up with the company and since left) then you are eligible to receive £30 worth of free bets when you make your first bet of £10 with Paddy Power, provided your bet meets the minimum 1/2 odds requirement for the offer.
Here’s how you can sign up with Paddy Power and claim your free £30 worth of bets.
- Get your bet £10 get £30 in free bets offer here!
- Click the ‘Join Now’ button.
- You now need to complete three sections of forms to complete your sign up. The first is your registration information where you input all the key data for your account (name, address, account username and password etc). All fields marked with a * must be completed.
- The second section is where you enter your card or bank details and make your first deposit into your Paddy Power account. Remember, you’ll need at least £10 in your account to make the qualifying bet, so you will need to deposit at least this to realise the bonus.
- The third section is where you get chance to place your bet. Once you have found a bet you want to make on an appropriate market, at odds of 1/2 or greater, then you can place your £10 (or greater) bet on that selection. Bets can be a single bet of £10 or an each way bet of £5.
- Once you have completed this, then Paddy Power will make your £30 worth of free bets available for you immediately. These come in the form of three £10 free bets. You can use these from your Bet Slip by clicking on the “Use Free Bet” option on the slip, rather than using your stake money.
Positive Points – Paddy Power offer their sports betting customers an outstanding service, both via the web and also on a wide range of mobile services. The breadth of sports offered and range of markets for each event are superb and their odds compare well to most other bookmakers. With readily available promotions a feature of the site, including the renown Paddy Power Money Back Specials, this is a site that strives to offer punter great value and a simple, easy and enjoyable betting experience, and furthermore, it succeeds.
What Needs to be Improved? – There are some small improvements that would help the Paddy Power site improve. A better and more extensive Live Streaming service is the obvious first addition, as would be an improvement in the number of long term horse racing promotions and long term promotions for other sports other than football.
Paddy Power Rating: 4/5